Neighborhood Eats: Italian meals that has confirmed itself in Brooklyn
MARINE PARK, Brooklyn (WABC) – In this edition of Neighborhood Eats, we’re heading to Brooklyn to a restaurant that has proven itself.
Michael’s of Brooklyn at 2929 Avenue R has served Italian cuisine since 1964. It started out as a small pizzeria that took up an entire block in Marine Park.
Second generation John Cacace runs the kitchen and has 130 items on the menu – although he will prepare anything you want for you.
Good mood and warmth are so much of the draw. John’s brother Fred stands in front of the house and his son Michael will continue the business.
Customers say they have never been disappointed with the food, and many of them have been eating for decades.
There is a pianist who sets the tone in the evenings and it’s old fashioned but not outdated.
The family also mixes their sauces right on the premises and sells them nationwide.
Recipe for fried lobster a la Michael’s
NOTE: You will need a deep fryer for this recipe
– 2 pounds of lobster (cut into main parts, claws, ankles, etc.)
— 2 cups of flour season with 1/8 cups of Italian seasoning
–1 / 2 cup hot cherry peppers and the juice
— 1/4 cup of wine
–3 cloves of crushed / minced garlic
–1 teaspoon chopped parsley
– Rapeseed oil for deep fryers
–2 TBLS olive oil
– Heat the rapeseed oil in the deep fryer
– Dredge the lobster in the flour mixture, shake off the excess
–Fry the lobster quickly.
– In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the garlic
–Once the garlic is lightly browned, add the cherry peppers and their juice
– The lobster should now be cooked through, so put the lobster in the pan
–Add white wine (watch out for the flame)
– Mix with parsley and serve!
** You can also do this with prawns
* More Brooklyn news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY Breaking News app
* Follow us on YouTube
Copyright © 2021 WABC-TV. All rights reserved.