1 Lodge Brooklyn Bridge celebrates its opening with mindbodygreen on Earth Day in Brooklyn Heights
NEW YORK, April 13, 2017 / PRNewswire / – Business-focused luxury hotel brand 1 Hotels and leading lifestyle media company mindbodygreen have teamed up to celebrate the opening of the hotel on Earth Day, Saturday April 22nd, with a FREE public mindfulness event at the newest of 1 hotels in Brooklyn Heights.
To celebrate Earth Day with 1 hotels
Lobby at 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge
(PRNewsfoto / 1 Hotels)
The partnership will see a headline Earth Day The event will take place at 1 hotel’s flagship hotel, 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, and will support satellite activations in 1 other hotel locations, including Central Park. new York and South Beach, Miami.
“The world around us is beautiful and we want to keep it that way”
“Every year the world continues to honor our planet Earth DayWe use it as an effective advocacy tool to build a healthy, sustainable environment, address climate change and protect the earth for future generations, “says 1 Hotels, Vice President for Sustainability. Amanda DeSantis. “Our core philosophy at 1 Hotels is that the world around us is beautiful and we want to keep it that way. So it was a natural fit for us to host this first nationwide event to raise awareness of the world’s largest environmental movement.”
Yoga, meditation and a performance by BELLA GAIA
Curated by mindbodygreen, the Brooklyn The event features a variety of activities including rooftop yoga led by The angel instructor Caley Alyssa, Group meditations led by Light Watkins and 1 Hotels’ in-house meditation leader Bid Simkin, Astrology readings with Bess Hank from Mojave Rising and one-on-one sessions with treatment from Lanshin, a Brooklyn-based wellness studio. In addition, there will be a musical and visual performance by BELLA GAIA and live panel discussions moderated by the CEO and founder of mindbodygreen. Jason Wachob all about sustainability, which is broadcast live on Facebook / mindbodygreen.com.
Brooklyn Vendors such as Keap, Natchie, Matchaful, Devoción and others will sell and taste locally made food, beverages, gift items, beauty and wellness products. Additional refreshments can be purchased through 1 hotels along with local suppliers of the new DeKalb market hall, opened later in the spring, including Ample Hills Creamery, Bread & Spread, and Jianbing Company.
Live your best life
“Environmental sustainability is in our DNA at mindbodygreen! We strive to help people lead their best lives mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally and ecologically,” said the CEO and founder of mindbodygreen. Jason Wachob. “We are proud to work with 1 hotels Earth Day Bringing our community together to inspire them with information that drives action to protect our environment. “
Located at Pier 1, south of the famous Brooklyn Bridge, in Brooklyn Bridge Park, the property has 194 guest rooms, including 29 suites with two to six bedrooms and the presidential suite, The Riverhouse. Most rooms offer panoramic views of the East River, Brooklyn Bridge and the New York City Horizon.
1 The main event of the hotel and mindbodygreen takes place on Earth Day ((Saturday April 22nd) at 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge (60 Furman Street, Brooklyn NY) and in nearby Brooklyn Bridge Park from 12:00 p.m. to 9:15 p.m..
12: 00-8: 00PM: Astrology readings with Bess Hank and wellness sessions with Joanna Coates treatment by Lanshin (free appointments, served first); Marketplace of the local Brooklyn Vendors and grocers open to the public.
12: 00-12: 45 p.m.: Group meditation in Brooklyn Bridge Park led by Light Watkins, teacher of Vedic meditation.
1: 00-2: 00PM: Group yoga class on the roof of 1 hotel, organized by The angel Yoga teacher Caley
3: 00-4: 30 pm: Panel discussions on the future of sustainability in relation to:
- Companies: Christiana Peppard, Ph.D. and Drew Fitzgerald of ONLY water
- Fashion: fashion designer Mara Hoffman, Scott Mackinlay Rooster from Loomstate and Deb Johnson of the Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator
- Food: Dr. Robert Graham
- Activism: Barry starlight, 1 Hotels Chairman & CEO and Rhea Suh, President of the Defense Council for Natural Resources
5: 00-5: 45 a.m.: Discussion with astronauts Ron Garan and filmmakers Guy Reid and an exclusive premiere of her film Planetary
6: 00-6: 45: Group meditation on the roof of the 1 hotel with Bid Simkin
8:00 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.: Free performance in Brooklyn Bridge Park by BELLA GAIA
To join us at 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge for this FREE community Earth Day Celebration, visit: https://1earthdaybb.splashthat.com/ or 1 hotels here.
Support activations at 1 Central Park Hotel and 1 South Beach Hotel include:
1 hotel Central Park – 1 hotels and mindbodygreen will commission a custom Earth Day Installation by a local florist Denise Porcaro of Flower Girl inviting pedestrians to stop, appreciate the natural beauty and take a photo that will benefit the NRDC. The installation will take place in the days before or in 1 Hotel Central Park and its Jams restaurant Earth Day. 1 The Hotel Central Park also offers guests the opportunity to give something back and do good:
- GET ACTIVE – 1 Hotel Central Park is working with our friends at the New York Restoration Project to conduct a community cleanup Earth Day in association with Columbia Sportswear and Bronx Brewery. The activities take place in the Meatpacking District of New York City. After the volunteer work, everyone is invited nearby Columbia Shop for a seed planting workshop and free beer tasting by the Bronx Brewery.
- GO GREEN – 1 Hotel Central Park’s lobby farm stand hosts a tree stand for the week of Earth Dayand offers guests seed packets to plant after their stay.
- GIVE BACK – Visit the bar at Jams and enjoy a special seasonal cocktail that will benefit the New York Restoration Project. The Don’t Believe the Florist Cocktail is made with basil from a NYRP community garden and is available for $ 17 With $ 1 of every cocktail goes to NYRP.
1 Hotel South Beach – The Brand Miami The property offers a day full of eco-celebrations and wellness activities that focus on the soul, being, spirit and movement:
- SOUL – 1 Hotel South Beach, Dune Restoration Project, Citi Bike and Surfrider Miami invite selected guests and locals to help restore the dune and learn about the effects of erosion on the ecosystem. Later in the afternoon, people of all ages can release butterflies into their natural habitat in the hatchery at the center’s pool entrance.
- SEIN – The newly opened plnthouse offers specials from 1-4 a.m. of sustainable plant-based dishes from Chef Matthew Kenney while a live DJ turns on the terrace outside.
- MIND – Connect with nature and the elements during the Sunset Elemental Flow & Mind Meditation on the Plnthouse terrace.
- MOVEMENT – Spartan’s trainer Lawrence is hosting Challenge Your Movement. Starting with a warm-up in the animal flow, participants learn to improve mobility, strength and endurance outside on the lawn and later to move to the first spartan fitness studio for strength-based circuit training.
Over 1 hotels
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of environmentally conscious design and sustainable architecture, along with exceptional comfort and an incomparable level of service. 1 hotels were opened in 2015 with the opening of exclusive hotels in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge that opened in February 2017is the first brand new flagship for 1 hotel in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels Hotels are inspired by one simple idea: those who travel the world care too. 1 Hotels supports this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference. More information is available at www.1hotels.com.
Founded in 2009, Mindbodygreen is a leading lifestyle media brand dedicated to helping people live their best lives mentally, physically, mentally, emotionally and ecologically. With 10 million visitors per month, mindbodygreen has over 5,000 contributors including bestselling authors, fitness experts, trusted healers, pioneering doctors, top chefs, celebrities and high-ranking journalists. Bringing community, content, and commerce together, Mindbodygreen is also known for its annual award-winning event, revitalization, and online courses that provide users with access to sessions on topics such as personal growth, nutrition, fitness, relationships, meditation, and more.
SOURCE 1 Hotels